If you’re anything like me, when you look for a gift you hate the idea of getting someone some cliché item that means practically nothing. Sure, it’s a nice gesture, and they probably will enjoy the gift, but maybe, you want a gift that really speaks to you and your friend or special lady. There is a vast world of gifts that few bother to explore. I have selected five uncommon, but truly brilliant gift ideas for women. So let’s take one small step for her, and one giant leap into imagination.
1. If you’re lady friend has a love for tea, an excellent gift is a Tea From Around the World Set. It includes 10 tubes of loose leaf tea from all over the world allowing you to get a taste of the exotic without ever having to leave your living room. The teas are packaged in 11 inch tubes and if stored appropriately can last quite a long time. Each tube has enough tea for about 6-8 cups of tea. This is the perfect gift for a tea lover.
2. Another comforting gift for a girl in your life is a soup and cracker bowl. These nifty bowls have a separate part for your crackers to keep them from getting soggy, so you can enjoy crunchy crackers with your soup. I can also think of other good uses for this bowl like ice cream and toppings. It’s an interesting gift that is available for relatively cheap and it’s something that she’ll probably use.
3. If you have a gardener in your life there is a plethora of interesting gifts that you can choose from. My personal favorite is an aquafarm. This is one of the coolest planters ever! The top tray holds basically any variety of edible or decorative plants, while the bottom is home to a beta fish. The waste and algae makes for nutrient rich water for the plant which then purifies the water and sends it back into the tank. It’s an amazing ecosystem and very beautiful.
4. For the music lover a fun and inexpensive gift is a set of record coasters. These are very cool. Records from your favorite bands have been repurposed as drink coasters. Another option is a cutting board shaped like your favorite instrument. My personal favorite is the violin, but these can tend to get a little more pricey.
5. If your lady is a nerd, there are plenty of gifts to look at for her as well. Nerd is such a broad spectrum, especially because so many people can’t distinguish a nerd from a geek. All nerds are geeks, but not all geeks are nerds. That aside, there are many gift options for both nerds and geeks. For the nerd or geek in your life, the best place to look, hands down is thinkgeek.com. Pretty much, no matter what your girl geeks out about, you can find it there. From Doctor Who to molecular science, you’ll find it at thinkgeek.com. They have stuffed animals of viruses, sonic screwdrivers, and giant chocolate covered ants!
So the next time you’re looking for gifts, keep in mind that you don’t have to go all mainstream to make the gift good. There are all kinds of choices out there that can show your lady that you care about her.